Monday, May 19, 2008

Dance Time

Some of the only pictures I have of Oly High are the $30 dance pictures that use to hang on the back of my bedroom door. Each dance would bring another picture to add to the collection, and by the time I graduated almost twenty cheep, black-matted picture frames covered the back of my door. After spending some time pondering my time at high school dances the songs of 1997-1998 still bring back found memories.

The organizers of the reunion asked us for a list of our favorite dance songs from the '98 school year. Below I have listed my favorites. Feel free to post your songs into the comments so we can get a killer dance mix put together for the night of June 7th.

1. Next - "Too Close" - The lyrics of this song still leave me puzzled...
2. Ace of Bass -"The Sign"
3. Tag Team - "Whoop" - Not only a Jock Jams favorite, but also played at every stomp since 1995.
4. Chris De Burgh - "Lady in Red" - I have asked my wife to wear a red dress at the reunion to increase the emotional impact of this song for me.
5. Quad City DJ's - "C'mon N Ride It" - So good.
6. 69 Boyz - "Tootsee Roll"
7. Spice Girls - "Two Become One" "Are you as good as I remember baby....."
8. Spice Girls - "Wannabe" This is the worst song ever created. Hands down. Why did we ever agree to dance to this song?
9. Vanilla Ice - "Ice Ice Baby" Over my life time I think I have heard this song more then any other song ever to play at any dance or stomp. We should run a poll to see how many people can sing all the lyrics of this song. Beach Front Avenue!
10. Village People - "YMCA" If you watch any of these videos - watch this one. Scary.
11. B52s -"Love Shack"
12. The Police - "Every Breath You Take" - Stalkers National Anthem

That is all I have time for right now, but if you have more post them.
Peace.
Stuart Anderson

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Why has no one commented on this delightful post? Well done, Stu... well done.

Stu Anderson said...

Thanks Brooke. Maybe we are the only ones who plan on dancing at the reunion.

Andersons said...

U2 With or without you was always a favorite.
I will try to think of some more.
Katie Allen Anderson

Heather said...

More songs that I think played at every stomp
1.Stayin' Alive- The Bee Gees
2.Summer Nights- Grease Soundtrack
3.I Will Survive-Gloria Gaynor
4.Don't Stop till ya-Michael Jackson
5.Boot Scootin Boogie-Brooks and Dunn
6.Its all coming back to me now-Celine Dion
7.Bob Marley-Buffalo Solider
8.No Diggity-Blackstreet
9.Da Dip-Freaknasty
10.Hard to say i'm sorry-Chicago